Hardinge lathe

Oldseabee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I can now stop beating the bushes for a good lathe. I got a great deal today on a Hardinge lathe model HC-CF. Comes with a Sargon DRO and lot's of tooling. Includes a 3 jaw chuck. I got to hear it run. No noise and no vibration. Nice and clean. 220 volt 3 phase. I can pick it up this Thursday or Friday. This one was used very little. He purchased it for one job and hasn't used it since. It was kept in his shop all hooked up just in case he needed it. Now he needs the space.
I'll post more pictures when I bring it home.

Attachments

• 20230220_141812.jpg
    20230220_141812.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 20230220_141816.jpg
    20230220_141816.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 20230220_141825.jpg
    20230220_141825.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 20230220_141857.jpg
    20230220_141857.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 152
I can now stop beating the bushes for a good lathe. I got a great deal today on a Hardinge lathe model HC-CF. Comes with a Sargon DRO and lot's of tooling. Includes a 3 jaw chuck. I got to hear it run. No noise and no vibration. Nice and clean. 220 volt 3 phase. I can pick it up this Thursday or Friday. This one was used very little. He purchased it for one job and hasn't used it since. It was kept in his shop all hooked up just in case he needed it. Now he needs the space.
It's a beauty for sure....

Will you be able to do everything you need to do with a chucker, or do you need a tailstock & compound?

John

These little Hardinge lathes are sweet. Lots you can do with them. Precision with little parts is fantastic And pretty fast for repeat parts too. You will be stunned at the cost and complexity of the tooling though. If you are new to these lathes, grab yourself a Hardinge tooling catalog off eBay. So much information in these. Unfortunately threading is a complex and expensive add on if you don’t have it and all the collars. Congratulations on your new machine.

It's a beauty for sure....

Will you be able to do everything you need to do with a chucker, or do you need a tailstock & compound?

John
It has a compound. Don't really need a tailstock. If I need a live center it will fit in the turret. But I don't think I will be needing much. It comes pretty well tooled up. Including new jaws for the 3 jaw chuck.
Now I have to run 220 into my garage. Years ago I thought that I would never need 220 so I split that circuit to provide lights and receptacles in the garage. I'll remedy that soon. Then I need a 3 phase converter.

Thanks yo all. As hard as it is to pass up a great deal om passing on this. And no you guys were quick to see No Compound. I checked parts price and I'll quit while ahead. If any member lives in the Los Angeles area and wants one of these this is the nicest and cleanest to date without going over2k

If your interested in this here is the contact. Nice folks
Not rip offs.

Attachments

• 20230221_121946.jpg
    20230221_121946.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 90
Back