Dumore #5 pulleys

RandyWilson

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Years ago, as part of a auction lot, I picked up a Dumore toolpost grinder that was missing the motor. And possibly other bits. After lots of searching and giving up over the years, I finally ID'd it as a #5 from the '50s. And... I found a motor that will work. My new issue is I don't have all of the pulleys, Does anyone have one of these beasts and can tell me the OD's of the four (eight?) pulleys? And are all of them crowned, or just the drive ones? Thanks, as always!

I just recently bought a Series 5 grinder and needed the number 1 and 4 pulleys. I also found that Dumore has obsoleted these items and no longer supply them. But they were willing to send me the drawings to make them. Yes, all the pulleys are crowned. The speed charts listed in the manual dictates the pulley used and where (motor and spindle). From what I can tell, you only need one of each except the number 2 pulley.

Not only am I making the pulleys (acetal), I am also making the wheel guard (alum). The pulley project is requiring me to make a radius turner to cut the 4 inch crown.

I tried to attach the drawings of the pulleys, but they are to large to upload. So I did the next best thing and added them to the DownLoads Library.

Last edited:
Awesome awesome!!! Thankyou!

This box came with six pulleys in it. Four of them were obviously wrong such as the aluminum 4-6 inch three step. Turns out one of them is close to #1. Even has the 1 stamped on it per spec. Every dimension is correct save the OD, which is only .812. Sigh

Here are the ODs of the Number 2 & 3 pulleys.
No. 2 OD = 1.272 dia
No. 3 OD = 2.242 dia

Let me know if you need anything else.

It's interesting that they went with convenient whole numbers at the belt cord rather than the pulleys. But in reality it doesn't matter. I'm going to have to fudge things a bit anyway as the motor I found is not quite the same specs as original. Thanks!

It's interesting that they went with convenient whole numbers at the belt cord rather than the pulleys. But in reality it doesn't matter. I'm going to have to fudge things a bit anyway as the motor I found is not quite the same specs as original. Thanks!
you'll be glad they did if they ever don't supply the belts. McMaster sells in whole numbers. I have to remake my pulleys for my Themac to fit those whole numbers, as Themac doesn't supply my units belts. They don't even service my unit, and I can't figure out how to open the motor... it won't come apart. The spindle was easier.

Back