Drill Chuck Types: Aurowa Breast Drill Chuck.

mcthomas

Mark Thomas
Registered
I picked up a Aurowa Brand Breast Drill recently, which is missing the chuck.
I would really like to get a replacement chuck that fits this device. Would rather have a keyed chuck if I had a choice.
I did not see an Aurowa brand in the brand forum, so I posted here..

I have checked the threads with a thread gauge and am pretty sure it is a 16mm diameter thread with a 1.5mm pitch.
It is a straight shaft, not tapered, if there is such a tapered threaded shaft. I have seen reference to them...

I see several types of female threaded chucks in the 3/8-24, 1/2-20, 5/8-16 sizes with various thread pitches, but, then, they move to letter and number designations like M14x1, M12x1, B6, B16. Maybe these are metric versions? Or, seems like there should or would be some metric versions of threads..

I have looked for a chart that converts these designations to some sort of thread pitch/diameter measurement, but, I can't find it for some reason.

Does anyone know if this is still a thread pattern that is in use, or this was a once upon a time thread combination, and I'm not going to find what I am looking for..

Thanks.
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I have attached a couple of pictures.. I'm sure the one of the threads won't help much, but, I added them just in case.

Mark T.

AurowaFull.jpg Aurowa-Body.jpg AurowaThreadEnd.jpg

I picked up a Aurowa Brand Breast Drill recently, which is missing the chuck.
I would really like to get a replacement chuck that fits this device. Would rather have a keyed chuck if I had a choice.
I did not see an Aurowa brand in the brand forum, so I posted here..

I have checked the threads with a thread gauge and am pretty sure it is a 16mm diameter thread with a 1.5mm pitch.
It is a straight shaft, not tapered, if there is such a tapered threaded shaft. I have seen reference to them...

I see several types of female threaded chucks in the 3/8-24, 1/2-20, 5/8-16 sizes with various thread pitches, but, then, they move to letter and number designations like M14x1, M12x1, B6, B16. Maybe these are metric versions? Or, seems like there should or would be some metric versions of threads..

I have looked for a chart that converts these designations to some sort of thread pitch/diameter measurement, but, I can't find it for some reason.

Does anyone know if this is still a thread pattern that is in use, or this was a once upon a time thread combination, and I'm not going to find what I am looking for..

Thanks.
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I have attached a couple of pictures.. I'm sure the one of the threads won't help much, but, I added them just in case.

Mark T.

Mark,

The M14x1 and M16x1 are metric thread designations. M14 is the thread diameter and 1 is the pitch. Not absolutely certain about B6 and B16 but my guess is these are British threads. If you have a lathe you could make an adapter.

Tom S

Back