Does Anyone Else Think This is a Bad Idea?

ChazzC

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Was pursuing Amazon for a “Plastic Icepick” (we don’t use a lot of ice, so the ice maker tub sometimes requires breaking cubes loose and since I’m out of shop action I thought I’d see if they had a solution):

IMG_8249.jpeg
I’m pretty sure that the “Safety Wooden Handle” isn’t going to help much when the SS shaft goes through the palm of the left hand (other than acting as a stop).

It doesn't matter what the ice pick is made of. Holding that chuck of ice in your left hand is a premedical procedure before going to EM. That's as bad as holding a piece of metal to be drilled in a drill press.

Obviously the picture is illustrating the procedure for making an ice sculpture and giving blood at the same time

The user is perfectly safe. It's an ice pick, not a hand pick.

Tom

I guess I'm just showing off now but this talk of ice picks reminded me of the ice carvings I have done in the past.
Lots of these for weddings
love-birds.jpg
this one was for the year of the lion for a local chinese restaurant
lion.jpg
this one was for a Southern States Food Festival
eagle.jpg
A local fishmonger would store the ice and take orders for no charge and I would carve them in his window which would attract customers,, a win win situation.
For tools I would use ice picks, multi point ice picks (ice comb) and very very sharp wood chisels. I never used a chain saw though.

Back