Craftsman 8” Lathe Parts

carguytroy

Registered
Registered
Hope I posted this in the right place. I just acquired a new to me Craftsman 8” lathe. Looks like it might be from the 80’s? I really don’t know anything about these, but I think I need a few parts for it. It runs forward and backward, everything seems to be as it should, but I don’t know what I’m looking at really. I do know it needs a tail stock because it’s missing. Is there anywhere I can find out more info on the machine like a PDF manual? And are parts/accessories available for these? Any help is appreciated. I have attached a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    539.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 21
Quality lathes those are.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Check Ebay for a tailstock, be patient and keep checking periodically
It's a good machine

Last edited:
I'll keep stalking Ebay and see what pops up. Nice to hear these are a decent machine. I picked up an old Atlas 6" lathe a while back and had to get a few parts for it. Ebay was the ticket as well as the little machine shop. I'm hoping I can use some of the tooling/cutters for both, but I know pretty much nothing about these. If I can't, no biggie, but if the quick change post will swap over that would be kinda nice. The Atlas needs a belt(s) and I'm trying to figure so I haven't used it

Instead of "checking in periodically" with E Bay, establish a saved search, they will e mail you when anything that matches your search criteria shows up/

Back