Cool Picture

twhite

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My son and his wife are in Tahoe this week to celebrate their 1 year anniversary. They got married there.

Anyhow check out the picture he took with his IPhone. The Milky Way is awesome. He took the picture from the deck of the house they are staying at.
6f891b71008d37d00544d8a6df5c702f.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Dark skies is the one this I miss about my time in the Navy: yes, had some adventures & fun, am glad I served but I didn’t take them up on my offer to come back after a year in industry.

I live in the city, on a clear night I could literally count the visible starts. Maybe a couple hundred at most visible. On many nights only a couple dozen visible. :( :bawling:

I used to be able to see the milky way from my house, but over the years, the encroaching light pollution makes that impossible.

Reminds me of the case when a massive power outage struck Los Angeles in the 90s and the residents were reportedly calling 911 about these strange clouds hovering overhead. Turns out the residents were seeing the Milky Way for the first time :grin:

Great pics. I guess I'm fortunate, where I'm at we get the full show most every night. In twenty years who knows, but for now will just continue to enjoy it when I take the dog out in the evening. Mike

Reminds me of the case when a massive power outage struck Los Angeles in the 90s and the residents were reportedly calling 911 about these strange clouds hovering overhead. Turns out the residents were seeing the Milky Way for the first time :grin:

That is too funny. I was telling my wife that last night when we were looking at the pictures. I remember that well. It was the Northridge earthquake. It was on the evening news.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I visited Tokyo for about a month about 25 years ago. I was walking along a sidewalk and it had points of light that were lit from below the sidewalk. I soon realized that they were constellations and if you have ever been to Tokyo, you will realize that the only chance any one in the city had of a seeing a constellation was on this sidewalk and other artificial placed but no chance of seeing the night sky.

Back