Cheap Chinese Temu Steam Boat

Cheap is the key word. We used to get toys like that as prizes in cereal boxes. I can't imagine paying Aus 6.48 for it.

I had a discount so it was a fiver, getting them in cereal boxes was before my time....but would have been cool to get!

I had a discount so it was a fiver, getting them in cereal boxes was before my time....but would have been cool to get!
What would be cool, as a hobby machinist, would be to design and build a real working model.

What would be cool, as a hobby machinist, would be to design and build a real working model.

This is my Putt Putt boat (clinker built) with a Blaxland Chapman inboard motor (start with a leather belt) that I completely rebuilt and made many parts for out the front of my home on our private mooring poles that I did up in the ’80s (now long gone) these were really common inboard motor timber boats when I was a boy, but when aluminium boats became common these were quickly abandoned because of the amount of maintenace. But they were just great to fish out of and had a lot more ‘soul’ than boats I’ve had moored out the front since that.

7yiyy.jpg

reut.jpg

Back