Bosch CM10GD Losing Power

HawkeyeDD-975

Registered
Registered
I am new to this site hoping for some help. So, I'm not sure of the correct process. I have Bosch CM10GD, my problem is the other day I was cutting some wood, and the saw suddenly went from full speed to what seemed like half speed, I looked up and smoke was coming out of the motor vent. I stopped and unplugged the saw. I pulled the motor brushes for inspection, a little worn but OK. I used an airline to clean out any dush and reassembled the brushes. When I tried the saw again with no load it would not cume up to full speed. I tried searching the web for any hints to why, but nothing on topic, this site did come up so here I am. Any help would be great. I did contact Bosch and their response was to ship the saw back to them for repairs.

Most likely the motor windings shorted in particular if you had smoke coming out of the motor and if the brushes are OK. You could pull the motor to inspect it, you will see dark discolored areas on the windings, bubbling and/or signs of arching if burnt. You may be able to find a replacement motor or specific motor parts.

If it's out of warranty then you can either buy a new motor or a new saw. Don't know which one would be cheaper. Things are
being made more and more disposable these days so fixing it might not be worthwhile

Back