Best Brand of Air Staples

CJ5Dave

Registered
Registered
I am doing some wood stuff, using 18 gauge, 1/4 x 1 1/2 staples. I had a Harbor Freight stapler and it started missing a bunch of staples. So I ordered a Porter Cable. Chinese too. It worked a while and now it skips. I cleaned and oiled it, did not help. The staples I was ordering in bulk were Powernail,, can’t find that size staples locally. Changed to a ProFit(one pack was all I could find). They do a lot better. What brands work most reliable for air staples? I will have to order online and I got 5 boxes of the bad ones already. V

I have a couple of Porter Cable finish guns and use nails from them purchased on Amazon. Haven't had any issues, But getting my Hitachi framing gun to work properly has been another story. Seems to be an issue with the angle of the nails being off. Mike

I primarily use Porter Cable brads / nails and Arrow staples.
I have several Porter Cable nail guns in different sizes, I've had them about 12 years, and never had any issues. I have an Arrow T50 pneumatic stapler, I haven't used it much but no issues the little use it has seen.

Back