Atlas 618 tool holders

Jonny

Registered
Registered
Just got my first lathe, an Atlas 618 and it has no tool holders. I've been searching around but can't find what size fits. I see a few armstrong 00 on ebay that look like they might be right? Most of the listings are pretty vague about sizes.

That would be ideal but my son just started daycare so money is super tight. I just wanted to get a right hand holder so i could start learning.

My lantern has a slot about 1 3/6" tall and the armstrong holder is 7/8"x3/8" if that helps.

Just priced out the 0XA and the carbide tooling. With shipping I'd be looking at $180. Probably better in the long run but my budget is $40 or $50.

Armstrong 00 or Williams 080 are the correct ones if I remember right. As far as L-S-R I forget the shank size but there easy to spot because they all take 3/16" tool bits. -J

You may want to consider just a simple turret tool post, it can all be made right on the lathe easy enough, the only cost would be a chunk of steel, an end mill and some SHCS's, this is one of the one's I made for my Myford, I made 2 of them one for 3/16 and one for 1/4 tools, I'd be glad to explain how to go about it.:))

AIR_20140909_00000.jpg

AIR_20140909_00000.jpg

Thanks guys! Just ordered a 00R with hss bit for $10! That should get me started :)

Back