Another what are these??

murraym

Registered
Registered
I found this stuff in with my father in laws tools. He was a tool and die maker. The first photo i suspect is some sort of fixture for a specific job or maybe to sharpen HSS? The second i assume are cutters made by Boko. I have dozens of them and a couple arbors for them. I cannot find anything online searching for them. Are they used for making wood models or molds? Seems to me they are way too big of a cutter to be using on steel. Any input is appreciated. Thank you everyone!!

Attachments

• 20231219_114301.jpg
    20231219_114301.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20231219_114335.jpg
    20231219_114335.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 40
The first photo looks like box jigs to me - used for making drawers in steel and welding them up.

The second photo I'd guess corner rounding cutters for aluminum. I'd have to try to take a cut before I'd be sure.

Could we see a photo of one if the arbors?

The Boko's are used for removing blend lines when making dies . In other words , scaping blades.

The Boko's are used for removing blend lines when making dies . In other words , scaping blades.
That's along the lines I was thinking; I would have been certain after seeing the "arbor."

That's along the lines I was thinking; I would have been certain after seeing the "arbor."
Just a tool holding arbor , not made for spinning . :encourage:

Back