Allen Bradley 1333 7 1/2 HP Frequency Drive

Perk

Registered
Registered
Wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience setting up & programming a Allen Bradley 1333 7 1/2 HP Drive. I have been running my 2hp Bridgeport & my Sheldon 15x40 5 hp lathe for the past 20 yrs or more With 2 Magnetek GBD 503 10 HP drives with absolutely no Problems But the one I have on Mill went down & I bought the Bradley a ways back just to have a backup. I had someone who helped me get the 2 Magnetek wired & programed when I first bought the Mill & lathe but he is no longer around. I know it was a fairly easy program setting to get the mill up & running with just needing the off & forward & Reverse from factory switch on mill. I can probable figure out the wiring But the Programing is a whole other story as the Bradley is like new & I would Hate to fry it for a simple mistake.. Any help would be Appreciated !!
Thanks Perk

Welcome to HM, Do you have the user manual for the drive?

Allen Bradley are good units, we have 2.

Go to their web and download the manual.

Google it and it comes right up.

Ours are set to 3 wire control with a pot for speed, easy to do.

Just read the manual until you understand it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

As long as you wire it correctly there is little chance of damage- these are well protected internally

I do have the manual, Just finished mounting it where the old Magnetec was, Will go through the manual & see if I can figure out what I need to program just so I get power to machine control switch. I am running single phase 220 to 3 phase just like the Magnetek was setup for so I am hoping there is a section in manual that refers to this specifically & find anything else that I need to tweak so the motor is getting what ii is suppose to. Seems like wiring Is pretty much the same as old drive so that should help to at least get it running, have to double check that also.
Thanks Perk

I went through Manual a couple times & wiring is the same as the Magnetec, First I wired Power to unit & it came on programing pad working. I shut it down & wired the motor in without the wires for switch everything still fine. Final wired in the wires for forward reverse & off tried running mill & nothing, Shut it down & this time drive made some funny noises touchpad went off & now the only thing that works is the LED charge light. Hope I did not fry it, There has to be something in the manual that shows how to wire & program it without having that in coming third leg of power; The Magnetek were 3 phase in & 3phase out & ran for 20 yrs on 220 single phase. I guess I need to find someone that has pretty much the same setup as Im trying to get running again . Bad part is I'm in the middle of a project I need to finish, Never Fails.
Perk

Back