9 inch by 40

Doc Hoy

Registered
Registered
Picked up two lathes this week end. One is a Sears 618. The other is this South Bend. I gave $350.0 for both lathes. This is my second 9 inch South Bend. The first one essentially worked when I bought it. This one is dismantled and missing the motor. A very cursory examination reveals that the lathe looks terrible but still appears to be tight. These lathes came from an estate in Eustis, FL. As did the Atlas, this lathe appear to have rolled over front wise. The feed wheel shaft is bent. I don;t know if it will come out of the apron without cutting it. I will post photos when I gets the chance.

Tnx,

Doc.

Picked up two lathes this week end. One is a Sears 618. The other is this South Bend. I gave $350.0 for both lathes. This is my second 9 inch South Bend. The first one essentially worked when I bought it. This one is dismantled and missing the motor. A very cursory examination reveals that the lathe looks terrible but still appears to be tight. These lathes came from an estate in Eustis, FL. As did the Atlas, this lathe appear to have rolled over front wise. The feed wheel shaft is bent. I don;t know if it will come out of the apron without cutting it. I will post photos when I gets the chance.

Tnx,

Doc.
Nope, didn't happen.. there are no pics...

Back