2013 Ring Fu model 09522911

Mike.2022

Registered
Registered
Anyone have any experience with a 2013 Ring Fu gear head model 09522911? Found one that phase never been used so I’m new condition with only a little surface rust. Wondering if it is a good unit and what it might be worth.

Attachments

• IMG_4044.jpeg
    IMG_4044.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4043.png
    IMG_4043.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Rong Fu is the original manufacturer of often copied machines. This one appears to be an RF 40

I wouldn’t be too worried about the rust and if ya never been used there should be no wear. Looks like it can be powered so check the oil and run it through the gears to check for internal problems in the head.

As for price MSC lists it for $5500 and they’re usually a bit high.

Probably a great mill once you get it cleaned up. What are they asking for it?

John

I've got one. A clone, to be precise. 6 speed, square geared head, round column.

It's a really good drill press. It's a so-so mill. As long as you can do your stuff without raising or lowering the head, it'll work nice. Problem is, if you do move the head up and down, you'll lose your "zero", unless you find a way to keep it aligned.

Some people have installed a laser on it and drawn a vertical line the wall across the room. Depending on the size of the room, that should be precise enough for most jobs.

A machine like that, I'd pay about $1,000 today if I were to get one. But if you are to get a round column one, maybe a belt driven one will serve you better, and it'll probably be less expensive as well. Belt driven machines can go much faster and that's quite useful for milling soft materials like brass and aluminum, which is really the kind of stuff this class of machines are really good at (they can machine steel, but don't expect Bridgeport performance).

Back