2 pounds of carbide end mills

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
This is what 2 lbs. of carbide end mills looks like. I paid $60 on E-Bay and there are 22 end mills average $2.72 each. They are advertised as slightly used but I can not see any signs of usage on any of them. I bought a bag of 2 lbs. factory 2nds once before and got them in the plastic sleeves and more of a random selection, but these will work fine for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3189.JPG
    IMG_3189.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 48
Good haul . They are worth $7 a pound when and if you scrap them . A 100 pound bucket = $700 . :encourage:

Nice timing of this thread.

Having got my Warco Minor sat on a pallet in the workshop, awaiting the bench it will go on, my mind has turned to future tooling.

I often see job lots of carbide cutters on eBay for relatively cheap. Are these worth a punt on?

Things like used files, for example, I tend to avoid, because once they're worn beyond a certain point, they're no use as a file.

Since I have no reliable means of sharpening HSS milling cutters, never mind carbide cutters, inadvertently buying dulled carbide cutters would be flushing money down the crapper.

So what do you chaps reckon?

Nice timing of this thread.

Having got my Warco Minor sat on a pallet in the workshop, awaiting the bench it will go on, my mind has turned to future tooling.

I often see job lots of carbide cutters on eBay for relatively cheap. Are these worth a punt on?

Things like used files, for example, I tend to avoid, because once they're worn beyond a certain point, they're no use as a file.

Since I have no reliable means of sharpening HSS milling cutters, never mind carbide cutters, inadvertently buying dulled carbide cutters would be flushing money down the crapper.

So what do you chaps reckon?
i'm very satisfied with these. I tend to stay away from used hss unless they are M-T 2 or M-T3. large drill bits. Get your feet wet and make your own decision and let us know what you buy and how good it is. Or is Not.

Ah, suck it and see then?

Okay, maybe I'll take a look on eBay this afternoon.

Cheers chaps. :)

When they find my body underneath one of many a pile of used carbide cutters in my workshop, it'll be Hobby Machinists Forum's fault! :grin::grin::grin:

Back