yuasa indexing head spin jig #550-003

john mullen

Active User
Registered
I just purchased this yuasa indexing head spin jig on e/pay. the price was so cheep that I could not pass it up. however I am not sure just how to use it. also wonder if everything needed is with it any help would be appreciated ..John

In that case get the largest 5c collet aand make an arbor. I beleve your chuck should be 1"x 10 tpi threads. if so I would use 1 1/4" round and turn the end down and thread it.

I already have a 3 jaw chuck from a Craftsman 6" lathe that I would like to adapt it to a 3c collet if that can be done.

Sure, all you have to do is build an adapter that will screw into the chuck on one end and into the spin index on the other, it just needs to look like the collet on the spin index end. Should be pretty simple.

Alternatively, make a shaft the the chuck will screw onto on one end, and make the other end 1 inch, and just stick it into a 1 inch collet in the spin index.

Sure, all you have to do is build an adapter that will screw into the chuck on one end and into the spin index on the other, it just needs to look like the collet on the spin index end. Should be pretty simple.

Alternatively, make a shaft the the chuck will screw onto on one end, and make the other end 1 inch, and just stick it into a 1 inch collet in the spin index.

now that I can do. I saw a 1 1/16th collet for sale on e/pay cheep. I can make the rest part no sweat. thanks for the idea ..John

Last edited:
John Mullen
Once you get that chuck mounted you'll have a very cheap version of an indexing head good to within one degree accuracy !
Pretty simple tool to have around the shop, let us know about the first job you do with it. :thumbsup2:
dd

Those little 3 jaw chucks are only good for .003" concentricity.

Back