Your Truck Might Be A Beater Truck If...

No pictures but:
1. You can watch the road through the floor.
2. You need to wear coveralls to drive it in cold weather because of the draft.

When you drill 2 holes to hook the bungee into, to hold the door closed. Rather than fix the latch.....................
What do you mean drill two holes, just hook them in one of the rusted out holes in the body and doors.:courage::courage:

When Your fuel line rusts out(again) and You decide to fix it right "this time", and take out 2 other splices and gain several fittings at the same time.

The heater doesn't work so you have to build a fire for heat, on the passenger side, of course.

After seeing Lester's truck, I don't see how any of us can vie for a prize. Mine is a 64 F100. A future project if you will. Kids in car seats with no seatbelts & a metal dash - it was all I had at the time (mid 90s). It got us through our beginnings. The 3 on the tree was worn & everyone that tried to drive it would lock up the shifter & strand themselves. Sort of a built in theft deterrent! I was told that it has seen over 800K miles albeit with engine trans & rear changes along the way. Ain't this a shame: it was only ever in the background. The best friends are always right there though!

M05 02a.JPG

When my window regulator failed on my 73 f100, I used a 2"×2" with lag bolts at different hights to hold the window closed or half way or down. The spacer for the alternator was missing, and it would break mounting bolts about every other week. I kept about 2 dozen in the glove box. I gutted the thermostat one afternoon when it stuck closed. I used the back cover off a school notebook to make a gasket. In the winter time I flattened out a cardboard box to block half the radiator so the heater would work. The guys at the tire shop would let me take the old tires that they threw out. I would use them untill they were GONE! The ball joint on the draglink had so much slop that one night they fell apart. I took it all apart, used a friend's dad's torch to heat the socket up and swage it back down tight. It held until it went to the junk yard! I discovered by accident that if you turn off the key while coasting the exhaust could fill with unburnt gas fumes, then when you turned it back on it would backfire. I did this untill I blew the muffler skin off. The muffler got repaired with 2 old licence plates and a dozen hose clamps fixed together. The hood would never latch quit right and blew up one afternoon. I stomped it back down so I could see over it, and used a piece of barbed wire cut off a nearby fence to wire it shut. Man I miss that truck! Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Back