You Won't Believe What This Newbie Made.

ThunderDog

Registered
Registered
I just wanted to share some inspiration work for beginners, who may be in a similar situation to me.

I'm 100% self taught, mainly from the L.H. Sparey book, "The Amateurs Lathe".

Here is my most recent project. It's a two part series and I also made a video which explains how I indexed on the lathe without a dividing head. Anyway, I hope this inspires others to learn this amazing hobby and never give up.

And before any nay sayers jump in, I completely understand that this is not a "precision" build. It's more of a confidence build/project.

that would be a cool cnc out of one piece video.

They would love that on Walking Dead. More effective than the bat with the barbed wire wrapped around barrel. Only downside is you gotta get closer to the zombies. Seriously, nice work

hmmmm....no pictures, video's or links showing for me

ThunderDog
Cool job. Thanks for the video, BUT if you consider yourself a newbie and you turn out stuff like this, there has to be
a new category named for a lot of us who thought that we were newbies and are obviously still in kindergarten!
Nice work, and no,I don't think that I would want to meet you in a dark alley.

Chuck the grumpy old guy

A mace would certainly be handy when the zombies break through the fence again but what I really need is a elephant gun. Never know when one might start tearing up the garden.
Well done!

Jim in Colorado

Back