You Think I Paid Too Much????

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Sold my Bridgeport and the guy came and got it this morning and paid me the balance. Sure looks empty where it was.

So I had $3k in burning a hole in my pocket and saw a "huge" sale sign. This sale wasn't huge, it was of truly epic proportions. At least 1/2 acre of tables full of stuff. Took well over 2 hours to look at it all.

And after all that looking I found these scattered about the entire sale. Paid $20 for them. You think I got took??? ;)

20160813_164328.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, serious as a heart attack :grin:

I still have $2980 to spend!!!!

If anyone needs a 1-1/2" or a 2" pipe taps let me know. I doubt I'll ever use them.

I have a T-mike I need to sell. Stresstel T-mike ES......make you a heck of a deal lol. New one wouldn't leave much of your mill money. Just kidding. I was digging around for stuff to sell and discovered I have 3 of them. Certainly don't need 3.

That's tempting................:D

Here is the Bridgeport and her new owners. One of his first projects for it is a new dash for his Studebaker.

My neighbor said this is the first time he's ever seen anything leave my garage. It always just comes in. Little does he know what I have planned :)

20160813_102952.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, serious as a heart attack :grin:

I still have $2980 to spend!!!!

If anyone needs a 1-1/2" or a 2" pipe taps let me know. I doubt I'll ever use them.
I have a real nice 2-1/2" pipe tap, and nothing to turn it with besides a great big crescent wrench. I don't think I have the suds to turn the thing, unless it is in Delrin...

Yeah same here, big pipe or crescent wrench. But at this point and for the last 25 years I've not needed a pipe tap that big. But...................hard to pass up for the price I paid for everything.

Hello everyone. My name is Dan, and I'm a tool junkie.

WOW! They saw you coming! I feel so bad for you I will gladly return at least 75% of your money( provided you ship the taps to me first)
because I hate to see a friend snooker so bad.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

I knew I had friends on here but I never thought anyone would bail me out like that.

After getting taken so bad and spending that much on the taps, I'm not sure if I have enough left to ship them. I may have to sell one of my other milling machines first :frown:

Back