You mean you can make money in the home shop??? My first paid machining job...

I just welded and installed a metal railing handrail for my neighbors in exchange for a 96 Toyota corolla. The car is for my son, he helped me make and install it. Not bad for a half days work. The Toyota runs great and well maintained. It should be a good first car for my son.:)

Thanks for the vote for POM! I'm truly honored. But in all honesty, the part looks harder to make than it actually was. I probably could bang out another in two hours now that I have a "method sheet."

My friend picked up the part tonight and paid. Since I spent two evenings down in the shop making the nose piece (and the kids were and are out of town with the Grandparents), I took my wife out to dinner with the money made from the part. Now even the SWMBO wins!

John

I just welded and installed a metal railing handrail for my neighbors in exchange for a 96 Toyota corolla. The car is for my son, he helped me make and install it. Not bad for a half days work. The Toyota runs great and well maintained. It should be a good first car for my son.:)

GOOD JOB Xalky You just did more Quality Parenting in 1 afternoon, the most of these sorry People with children do in a life time! You not only taught your son how to Make and do things for himself, You also taught him something more Valuable, You taught him the Value and Rewards of a strong Work Ethic! and too few Parents can be bothered today to do that, so I say Thank You for at least Teaching ONE young man Good Values!

Congrats on the win.

Well deserved indeed.

Kicking the can wish I could do that.:))

Jeff

GOOD JOB Xalky You just did more Quality Parenting in 1 afternoon, the most of these sorry People with children do in a life time! You not only taught your son how to Make and do things for himself, You also taught him something more Valuable, You taught him the Value and Rewards of a strong Work Ethic! and too few Parents can be bothered today to do that, so I say Thank You for at least Teaching ONE young man Good Values!
Well, Thanks Rick. He started working with me in my remodeling business a year and a half ago and he has learned a lot in that time. When he first started I'd have to wake hime up in the morning and give him a little kick in the a$$ to get him moving, but now he's up before me most mornings. Me and his mom divorced when he was quite young, and he lived with her. Let's just say that she'd rather have a handout than work for anything. I'm trying to teach my boys that if they want something, to get off there a$$ and go get it. Nobody's gonna do it for you. I'm a big believer in "give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Marcel

BTW: congrats on the project of the month win, John. :))

Back