YIKES -- Accumulated Stuff

Tony Wells

President Emeritus (Retired)
Registered
I just moved some heavy stuff into a storeroom that I'll never use. I don't have the heart to junk it yet, but that's the next step.

I haven't posted to the wish list, but if you run across a sine bar or plate in your sale-hopping, I'd be interested.

I've got stuff I've held onto for years that falls under that "I'll need that someday", but I need to toss it. Then I visit a friends shop, and he has a 60 x 200' shop you have to squeeze through because of it. I don't have that big a place, and I sure don't want to get like him.

Just remember that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

When stuff leaves this joint, it is either sold to the highest bidder, or it is truely not of value in its current form. In that case it leaves as recylclable metals, to the scrap yard, recyclable plastic, paper or cardboard to the recylcling depot, dead batteries go to RBRC battery recycling program, and finally what is truely trash goes that way.

But otherwise, metal large enough to be used for some different project is binned, gears, pulleys etc are all stored. motors tested and stored for the right person to come through the door looking for just that motor.

Cutters and tooling is always held onto for either my own use in the future, or if somebody comes through the door looking for something. I try to at least keep a few spares around, just in case somebody needs one in a pinch.

Walter

gotta keep it clean

I trashed about three times what is left on this table. I will never say again, "Wait I can use this later" LATER NEVER GETS HERE. LOL

"Bill Gruby"
Spring cleanout for me to Bill, I was starting to get deppressed evry time I went into the workshop.
every flat space was coververd with previos jobs tooling,Its taken me a week to get it back into order. I'm a great believer now in a place for everything and everything in its place, my workshop is only 30' x 30' so some machines have to stay outside, namely the table saw,dropsaw for cutting steel and the sandblaster.All three of which do not belong in an engineering enviroment ,saying that i still have my wood lathe in there , regards Bob

Accumulated Stuff

Someone else mite want to store it for the shipping if its getting tossed out. Put it up on the list and see.

I've got a few things that will go for the shipping later this year.

Paul

Nikon Ron

Don't forget us newbies guys!!! I need several things, if the "price is right".

Someone else mite want to store it for the shipping if its getting tossed out. Put it up on the list and see.

I've got a few things that will go for the shipping later this year.

Paul

Heck, you are about 2 tanks of gas from me :)

Anybody need a 24" rotary table, gear drive with index plates? Weighs about 450 lbs. I just oiled it down and moved it to the barn. Got a Cincinnati superspacer with a 10" 3 jaw chuck on it too, moved to the barn. I guess it's one of those things that if you need it, nothing else will do, but I haven't used either in years.

Okay, it not just me with this problem. I'm going to list some fasteners that I'll never use later today. I also have (9) industrial air compressors.

100_0509.jpg

Last edited:
I've got 3 live centers 2 ENCO and 1 Chinese, One of The ENCO has some slop and a cover missing the other 2 are ok. I don't have a a Lathe that takes a #5 Mt. so there up for grabs for the price of shipping.

If interested P.M. Me!

Paul

Palmgren

I just refurbed a palmgren table myself. It looks like new now. I am trying to figure out what I would use a 24 inch rotary table for. If I can figure it out I would be on my way......

Chris.

Back