Yet another Power Draw Bar design

RebelJD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've looked at a lot of nice Power Draw Designs for my PM-932M, but I didn't want to remove the top of the gearbox and drill holes in it. So, I designed a version that uses the existing top plate holes with some standoffs. I've actually been thinking about this for over a year and actually bought a butterfly air impact quite a while ago at HF, but I don't think they sell them any more.:apologize: I'm very pleased with the design and how it operates. It's easy to reach and pull down even with the head fully up. I've got the air pressure set at about 85 PSI and it seems to draw and release easily. I did purchase some of the parts from McMaster-Carr but I had a lot of it in "inventory". I used 3/8" mild steel plate for the base because that is what I had, but aluminum would work just fine too.

IMG_0922[1].JPG
IMG_0923[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0926[1].JPG
    IMG_0926[1].JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I've looked at a lot of nice Power Draw Designs for my PM-932M, but I didn't want to remove the top of the gearbox and drill holes in it. So, I designed a version that uses the existing top plate holes with some standoffs. I've actually been thinking about this for over a year and actually bought a butterfly air impact quite a while ago at HF, but I don't think they sell them any more.:apologize: I'm very pleased with the design and how it operates. It's easy to reach and pull down even with the head fully up. I've got the air pressure set at about 85 PSI and it seems to draw and release easily. I did purchase some of the parts from McMaster-Carr but I had a lot of it in "inventory". I used 3/8" mild steel plate for the base because that is what I had, but aluminum would work just fine too.

View attachment 438179 View attachment 438181
Very nice design!

I just remembered I took a photo of the parts before I assembled it. Hopefully this will help someone else if they are considering making one of these. After using it for a few days now I'm really glad I finally did it. If you are making a part that involves a lot of tooling changes the time saved can be significant.

IMG_0906[1].JPG

Last edited:
Back