Yet Another New Burke #4!

IMG_1655.JPG Finally got around to finishing the Burke #4. Nothing like fall rains to inspire working under cover back in the shop.

Here is a photo of the Burke in working order. Actually I put the table feed pully and belt on after I took the photo, but it's all there now - finally.

One question: i have a shortish 3/4" arbor, a new 12" long 1" arbor and a couple of 1 1-4" shell mills with no arbor. What size diameter arbor is optimal to use with the burke in Horizntal mode? I need to buy some shell mills and would like to concentrate of the most useful size.

Thanks
Glenn

Last edited:
It looks really nice! I like mine but did not have to restore it as the man that owned it before me made many repairs to it and did a great job.Mine could use some paint and seeing yours reminds me of that. I have all of the stuff for the factory power feed but i will not install it, I haven't needed it yet. If I ever do i think I would figure out a way to put an electric power feed to it. Again, you did an outstanding job on a tool that you will enjoy owning and using. The little burke #4 is actually a pretty stout machine and works well. I use mine in the vertical mode most all the time.

Last edited:
I would shop for cutters to fit your existing arbors. I use my 1" arbor most, and you have one of them already. If you are looking for B&S #9 collets, The Little Machineshop carries them.

Back