Yankee arbor dimensions?

Ebel440

Active User
Registered
Hi I found an old versamatic tapping head at a flea market only 5$ but its missing the collets it says on the box it uses Yankee arbors. I have never heard of these. I have been watching ebay but the only way to get the versamatic ones is to buy a whole one with them and I don't really want to spend that much on it. I took some rough measurements of it and could make one but was wondering if anyone has one they could measure for me. I don't need exact dimensions just an od does it taper? and length and the bottoms shape. It looks like a flat roughly half the od. Thanks

Can you post a pic of it. That would help.

Is this what you have.

1006.jpg

1006.jpg

Last edited:
This is an yankee screw driver The versamatic was an attacment for a 1/4" drill for screws. and used the yankee style bits Witch is a 1.4" D shank.

FC5U2Y1FVAF4Z5T.LARGE.jpg

FC5U2Y1FVAF4Z5T.LARGE.jpg

Yes that's what mine looks like but mine came in a different type of box. Mines a model 4100 they also made a model 4000 I believe which was a little different. I made a rough bit that fit today then I jammed a piece of modeling clay in the bore and got a negative to copy when I get a chance.

Back