Yahoo! Making Chips finally!

countryguy

Active User
Registered
Thanks for all the help here Gang! Mach3 on the 3 axis cut from DolphinCAM w/ a "merge" contour cut worked out. Spun up the system this morning after a all night run and made the run!

My Son and I are making some tactical axes for a few friends. This is the Bevel run cut on Side A. (cheek face edge). Sweet feeling!!! (even if Styrofoam chips!).
Those who helped w/ the X & Y Mach3 motion setup- The X axis was flipped! Got that straight and went on to Motor tune, CV and Calibration.

Latest issues:
Not sure how to tell DolphinCAM that my endmill is not a center-cut endmill and how does it do the offset for Home XY 0,0 Is it supposed to account for that? Or do I
set 000 and then move over to account?
olphin is/was supposed to account for a .063 depth and make the required runs to get from from 000 to -.125 (bevel lope on .25 plate ) It ran the whole slope from 0 to -.125 on 1 run?? anyway- Will call Dolphin Monday and maybe post on their forum. So far..... 3 weeks into this machine and 2 weeks into CAM 3D. We're getting there!

Whew!! Time to eat, nap, and try to make up w/ the sweetheart. :)

CHIPS.JPG

CHIPS.JPG

Congratulations,
It is a very sweet feeling, the first is the one you will never forget, the 2nd is the big crash, these two will stick forever :) all the ones in between and after seem to fade away after time.

Back