Yahoo groups

dlane

Active User
Registered
so to get some more info on my new to me Sheldon lathe it was suggested I join yahoo Sheldon groups
I've been trying , they sent me a message saying I was approved by moderator but when I try to see what it's all about , it's all greek to me, it says my email is not recognized. Ied really like to learn what I can about the lathe
If anyone can tell me how to find somthing useful at yahoo ied appreciate it., seems like a strange place
Is Yahoo! Poopoo or what.

The various Yahoo machining groups are quite helpful. Some generate rather a lot of posts, some are pretty indolent. Members tend to be either real experts, or frank newbies.

Log in and look around to find something useful. Can't help you with a bad login, or messed up ID. Try the admin.

Derrick,

Don't feel like the ling ranger. I too, can't post any new threads on that site. I can post replies to a existing message and that's it. I ve to go over to the Sheldon II Lathe group to post new messages.

Edit: If you have a Yahoo login like for mail, you should automatically be logged in. Could be wrong!

Signing up to receive the group emails and to be able to post to the group only requires your email address, and one of the moderators sets you up. To be able to browse the group itself on groups.yahoo.com you must have a Yahoo login and password. Once you have that set up you should be able to get right in.

I've never liked Yahoo email .
They sent me this , still when I try to join group it says email not recognized

Complete your Yahoo! Groups account:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your email address has been added to the email list of a Yahoo! Group.
To gain access to all of your group's web features (previous messages,
photos, files, calendar, etc.) and easier control of your message
delivery options, we highly recommend that you complete your account
by connecting your email address to Yahoo account. It is easy and free.
Please visit:
https://groups.yahoo.com/convacct?email=58dilane@gmail.com&list=Sheldonlathe
Is this how Yahoo gets people to use there email ?
Dose this mean I have to get a yahoo email account to join group ?
Maybe they know I'm a member here and are doing this to spite
Rant over

Terry I was thinking my login is my email address, and I did set up a password, I think :cold:
Anyhow I can't complete my account if I can't get in to do it. Email account not recognized :(

I had pretty much the same issues. I hated to do it, but I just gave up.
Jeff

Derrick,

You're doing something right. I'm getting notifications from the Sheldon group of your postings.

You should be able to see the Sheldon group by now I would think. Unless it takes a day or so.

It should be immediate once the moderator has set you up. I am admin of a couple of Yahoo groups and one Google group. If I make a change for a member, the changes are immediate.

Make sure that the email address for the group that you belong to is not being relegated to your trash bin as spam.

To be a member of a group and to be able to send and receive emails to and from that group you DO NOT need to have a Yahoo login. But, if you want to access the archives and other web based content for that group, you do need to set up your Yahoo account and login to that account.

If you think you created a login already, go to: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo Try to sign in with the username and password that you believe you set up already.

If you need to create a login, you can do so at the same address.

If you guys need help, PM me and I will be happy to see what I can do. I can actually do it for you faster than I can explain it.

Tried just now, email not recognized,
I didn't really want emails yet , would of liked to get to files and past Sheldon discussions
Didn't see a place for user name , all it wanted is my email address 58dilane@gmail.com
And a password . Is there a place to create a user name , probably after I join group which I can't do.

Back