Y Axis Dial

papermaker

Active User
Registered
I justb got my new LMS Mini Mill this morning and I have been going through everything to make sure it all works. The only thing that I've noticed is that the Y axis dail wont move so that it can be zeroed on the workpiece. Any suggestions?

I dont have this particular mill but the way most of these china based machines are built they use the dial as part of the thrust surface I dont like it but that is the way most of them do it. If that is true about yours all you have to do is loosen the nut that holds on the handle just a little.. Ray

I dont have this particular mill but the way most of these china based machines are built they use the dial as part of the thrust surface I dont like it but that is the way most of them do it. If that is true about yours all you have to do is loosen the nut that holds on the handle just a little.. Ray

The mill i have uses that design and can bind occasionally, popping the knob off to see if it moves when loosened cant hurt, also the dial on mine has a grub alen screw to hold it this can sometimes tweak the dial a bit and cause some binding.

stuart

Thanks Guys ! I took the knob off and pulled the dial off. It too had some of the very sticky oil on it! Cleaned that off and put some light oil on it and now it is free.

Thanks Guys ! I took the knob off and pulled the dial off. It too had some of the very sticky oil on it! Cleaned that off and put some light oil on it and now it is free.

Yay , simple problems are always the best kind :) glad its working

stuart

Back