X2 MiniMill Speed Controller Help

Ziuck

Registered
Registered
When I was using my mini mill the motor would randomly bog down and stop. If I reset everything it would begin again and repeat. Eventually it stopped spinning when I turned it on.

I have done all kinds of testing based off of LMS trouble shooting guide. I used a meter to test everything they suggested. Most everything tested properly but the MOSFETs didn't appear to test right. I replaced those with new and still no go. I also re-soldered most connections on the board. When I hook up leads to DC1 and DC2 I do not get any output voltage. If I leave a lead on DC1 and pull go to AC3 I get variable voltage based on where my POT it set.

I did pull the motor and clean the brushes. They appeared to be fine. When I put 12volts to it, it does spin.

The relays do click when it is powered up with the safety switch.

I can't help directly, but there is a guy that advertises on Ebay that will fix these things for a pretty reasonable price. Maybe someone who knows him will chime in. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I have the LMS square column mini-mill with a similar type of speed control. One thing mentioned in the manual was always start and stop from zero. Turn it on and then roll in the desired speed. Likewise, when shutting down, roll the speed back to zero and then press the stop button. I don't know if this adds to the controller or motor life, but I followed the instructions without question.

I am mentioning this because you said " Eventually it stopped spinning when I turned it on." which doesn't agree with the above procedure.

Back