X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

that's great about the schooling and your desire to post this project
I can help point you in the direction of a lot of free or low cost softwares i use that do everything i have needed so far if your interested. check out this thread http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php/6661-D2nc-software-for-hobby-cnc?p=57800#post57800 this works from inside mach3 and is really handy many options for only $70.00 with free upgrades. I started drawing, making g-code and running it in mach3 before my machine was built for practice.
I'm wondering if this thread should be moved to the cnc section so it's easier for other's to find?
steve

Is version 3 the one i want?

no you want 2.9.9 i tried version 3 and he posted the wrong one it was older
steve

he has some really good training videos I dont use the drawing part of it i use the dxf file import part it makes it easy because you can put the drawing in and just select the parts you want to machine first
did you see the other posting i did
steve

he has some really good training videos I dont use the drawing part of it i use the dxf file import part it makes it easy because you can put the drawing in and just select the parts you want to machine first
did you see the other posting i did
steve

I have drawings in autocad 2012 but i dont see any dxf file mine are all dwg files. how do i save them as dxf?

I am not familiar with autocad but try to open it in autocad as normal then "export" it as a dxf or "save file as" a dxf in the file menu.
steve

the dxf extension is an autocad extension so the option should be there. if possible you may want to save to an earlier year than 2012 but try it first
steve
be back later

how are you doing today mgp?
if it seems like you sit without a reply for a long time press f5 when you come in the room and from time to time the force internet explorer to update the page.
steve

I had to use 3.0 because the 2.9.9 did not look or work like his video with windows xp i ran his sample dfx file but want to know is there a function in mach3 to watch the tool cut

Good Morning Steve
I have it all running!:)

Back