X,Y,Z, and sometimes U

LEEQ

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm working on a DRO PROS install for my mill. I wanted the mounts to fit my machine, not it and every other. I hope they look cleaner. X(table) was simple. They gave me a lovely casting and two holes tapped into the saddle secured it. You'll notice 4 dog screws used for leveling. How nice! Two more holes in the table to hold the scale and X is pretty much done.Caleb Army_022.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Y(saddle), I built out of angle and pieces they gave me machined to fit my needs. I really like those dog screws for leveling!Caleb Army_018.JPGCaleb Army_021.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Z(knee) I built again. I used 3 dogs for leveling. Probably not again. It was wrong wrong wrong , then perfect. It is different leveling from three points for sure! I felt the need to make a little lid for this scale as it sits in a pretty swarfy little spot.Caleb Army_017.JPGCaleb Army_016.JPGCaleb Army_012.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Now for U(quill) That's my head scratcher. Someone had already mounted something on this housing and wasn't shy about it. Under the quill you see two pan head screws in oddly aligned holes.Caleb Army_031.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

These show my bracket made to fit screwy screws complete with relief for removing quill stop screw. The reader head bracket is bolted to the reader head right next to it.Caleb Army_042.JPGCaleb Army_043.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the top bracket for the scale. It was one of theirs completely overhauled. Caleb Army_038.JPGCaleb Army_041.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

We see in these photos the very nice square quill stop bracket given to us in the hardware as a direct replacement for the Round Bridgeport one. It's complete with two tapped holes in it's face. Very Nice! We also see the L bracket I made and why the funny relief in it's back.Caleb Army_034.JPGCaleb Army_035.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Scale brackets in place.Caleb Army_047.JPGCaleb Army_051.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Scale mounted, then cover mounted to scale. Notice the dog screw pattern on each end of each scale, handy.Caleb Army_048.JPGCaleb Army_055.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

This is my simple bracket plate for mounting the display arm. Again they gave me nice stuff to work with. The swivel bracket is set up with dog point set screws too!Caleb Army_053.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

And sometimes U! If you look at the bottom right of the LCD's, you will see a red U indicating the readout numbers in Z are displaying the Quill's whereabouts. It will read z, u or sum both.Caleb Army_058.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I can figure out how to move this whole thing to general machining. If not I guess I'll cry for help. Stay tuned as I have cables to route and such. She looks like an octopuss.

Caleb Army_022.JPG Caleb Army_018.JPG Caleb Army_021.JPG Caleb Army_017.JPG Caleb Army_016.JPG Caleb Army_012.JPG Caleb Army_031.JPG Caleb Army_042.JPG Caleb Army_043.JPG Caleb Army_038.JPG Caleb Army_041.JPG Caleb Army_034.JPG Caleb Army_035.JPG Caleb Army_047.JPG Caleb Army_051.JPG Caleb Army_048.JPG Caleb Army_055.JPG Caleb Army_053.JPG Caleb Army_058.JPG

Looking good Lee. :thumbsup: Thanks for the post. Got the thread moved for ya.

Thanks Randy. She's no beauty queen like yours, but she's coming along.

I think you have the hardest part behind you now. Routing the cables in an area that will not be in the way can be difficult. I look forward to your next post.

Back