x axis power feed

mzayd3

Active User
Registered
I finally got my new-to-me mill drill home. :yeahbaby: It's an MSC clone of the Rong Fu 31. After only a few hours working with it, I realized the need for power feed on the table. My question is: what is a good inch-per-minute speed range? I am trying to figure out the RPM of a gear motor to use in my home brew power feed. Thanks in advance...

I find that I use the 0.5 to about 30 IPM, with most cuts in the 5 to 10 range.

Great! I was wondering what the top end needed to be to not get annoyed at a slow return speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! I was wondering what the top end needed to be to not get annoyed at a slow return speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should note that I do have a 100 IPM rapid capability, but I don't use it that much. Most times I'm not in that big of a hurry.

I have another question in relation to this topic. I tried to do a search of the older threads about power feed clutch options. No dice. I remember seeing a thread not too long ago about this topic. What have you guys done for the clutch portion of the drive assembly?

I have another question in relation to this topic. I tried to do a search of the older threads about power feed clutch options. No dice. I remember seeing a thread not too long ago about this topic. What have you guys done for the clutch portion of the drive assembly?

No clutch. Just a way to disengage gears on both my Bridgeport original and my home built Z axis power feed.

Back