X Axis Aftermarket Motor Drive:

eazrider

Registered
Registered
I picked up a 2J2 mill 3-4 months ago, and took it apart top clean it up, check for wear, replace a few worn bits, etc. It has a Servo 100 accessory power table drive that I pulled of the feed shaft as i disassembled things to clean and lube. At the time I pulled the power feed off, I remember it seemed perfectly clear how it should be reassembled. However, I've slept a few times since then, and my memory is getting foggy. Does anyone have an assembly drawing of a Servo 100, 120, or 140 (I'm assuming they are all very similar) so I can get this thing back together. There are several spacers and about 1/4 inch of brass shims that I'm at a loss to figure out where they should go in the stack up on the R/H side feed shaft. It has an extension that screws on to the end of the stock feed shaft making it longer for the accessory drive... My problem is the drive works well, back and forth, zoom, zoom, but there appears to be a bit of slop/lash that gets taken up every time I change directions (left/right), appears to be about 5/16 of an inch or so. I split the feed nut and placed a felt washer between the 2 halves as described elsewhere, and snugged up the back lash on the feed nut holder. It almost appears the shaft is too short, as the jam nut that holds the manual handle on the R/H side only engages 2-3 threads. I could always turn the shoulder on the drive mechanism to get room for the handle/jam nut to fit properly, but it all fit together before I took it apart, and I don't want to modify a part only to find later I screwed up...Any thoughts on where I could find an assembly drawing of this Servo product, or any other insights as to what is going on...?

Very similar to the one I have (model 100), but does not have the extension on the shaft to make overall length of the shaft about 2 1/2 inches or so longer.....

It's been about 30 years since I installed one of these.

If I remember right:

--The larger diameter brass shims go between the ring gear and the dial to space the dial away from the housing

--The smaller diameter brass shims space the ring gear to the pinion.

--There is a steel spacer that that goes through the needle bearing, and rides against the lead screw support bearing.

-- You have to load the lead screw to the right when assembling.

I think this is about all there is to it, but like I said, it has been a long time.

Back