WTB: Threading tool that will take ACME inserts...

This one is a Shars which I know the entire setup cost less than one holder on those two. I did have an aloris on the leblond. But at that time I didn't learn how to use the machine before I sold it. (I am horribly sad about that now.) That was 10 years ago. If I could find an Aloris for a decent price I'd buy the holders as needed.

Paul

I have heard from many here that an import wedge QCTP works quite well. How they compare to an Aloris or Dorian, I cannot say from personal experience. Maybe consider selling it to your BIL and get a Shars AXA. I'm almost sure it would work better for you.

I have heard from many here that an import wedge QCTP works quite well. How they compare to an Aloris or Dorian, I cannot say from personal experience. Maybe consider selling it to your BIL and get a Shars AXA. I'm almost sure it would work better for you.

I did want to say that I bought the bostar AXA after reading about it on here. It seems to operate easier. Although so far all I've done is get it mounted.
I'll be grinding a bit to try out soon. I've also bought a new follow rest. So I should be able to make new screws if all goes well.

Back