Wtb: Steel Flat Bar

Rick_B

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hi - I'm looking for some steel flat bar drops - specifically a minimum of 2-1/4" wide, 1-1/4" thick and 3-1/2 long. I need one piece but would prefer two. It can be most any grade from 1018 to 1045, 4140, etc.

Thanks
Rick

Rick,

I have some 1018 cold roll flat bar and some 4140 HR bar I can whittle out something close to the dimensions you are asking for.
How close to the dimensions you sppecified do you need it?
How quick do you need it?

Ken

Hi - I'm looking for some steel flat bar drops - specifically a minimum of 2-1/4" wide, 1-1/4" thick and 3-1/2 long. I need one piece but would prefer two. It can be most any grade from 1018 to 1045, 4140, etc.

Thanks
Rick
Rick---is the length 3-1/2 inches or feet?----Dave

Dave - sorry - the length is 3-1/2 inches.

Ken - I don't need it close at all - the dimensions I used have some extra allowance for machining. I have a bridgeport and can get it machined to the finished dimensions. This is going to be used for an upper clamp body for a taper attachment bed clamp. Look for more info later today in my 5418 lathe thread.

Rick

Would you rather have a piece of cast iron instead of steel? I have cast iron, too.

Ken

Ken - I'm going to be welding another piece to this which I "think" is steel (based on the chips versus dust produced by milling). 1 of each would be great in case I am wrong.

Rick

Send me your shipping address by PM and I'll get you fixed up in the next day or so.
It'll get shipped by flat rate, but I don't know if I can get it stuffed into a small box or medium box.
I'll let you know shipping charges later.
Ken

Back