WTB: Shars BXA Tool Holders (Older Style)

Well I went against my word to never do so & ordered 6 holders from CDCO. They're the same size as the older Shars. But they have the same quality issues as the ones I got from them years ago. For the price they charge I can't complain though.

Hi
I am thinking of buying some BXA tool holders from CDCO, i live in the UK so do not want to have to send them back.
What was the quality issues, do they still have them ???, was the new ones ok ???.

Jeff

The CDCO holders are the next closest thing (if they haven't changed them) but I refuse to ever order from them again. Plus I had issues with the 4 I purchased from them years ago.

Will

It is a shame you have had a bad experience from CDCO. I purchased my BXA QCTP from them as well as a lot of tool holders. No problems with any of them. This was 2 years ago though. For the price at 10 time less than Aloris, I know they will not be perfect.

The quality is not in the ballpark with Aloris, but I had no show stoppers. I did have to take the BXA tool post apart and honed in (with lapping compound) the screw/wedges until it was smooth operating. Might do that with the tool holders as well one of these days.

The 'quality' did not appear to be the original issue. Not that it was Aloris level but it appeared to be 'good enough'. It was that the screws changed from M10 to M8. I have tool holders with both sized and other than it is a bit of a PITA to order two different dog point replacement sizes from McMaster ... and you will want to replace them ... and a 50% chance of grabbing the wrong size Allen wrench sizes when I set them up initially I do not see a difference.

Note this I am "hobby usage" and don't build anything for NASA so YMMV.

I just bought 5 BXA holders from CDCO that sound like the ones the OP is asking for. Ordered them on Thursday night and they arrived in a USPS flat rate box on Saturday. I've never had a problem with CDCO, they take my money and ship my order directly.

I just bought 5 BXA holders from CDCO that sound like the ones the OP is asking for. Ordered them on Thursday night and they arrived in a USPS flat rate box on Saturday. I've never had a problem with CDCO, they take my money and ship my order directly.

Hi
I have a AXA setup but i have just got a new lathe 14" & need a BXA setup. The AXA tool post is made in the UK & the holders from china Hess.
The quality of the holders is OK. is there a makers name on the ones from CDCO & is the quality OK, for the price, LOL
Buying from the USA the shipping can be high, so i do not want to have to send them back.

I've been tied up with a new product design/launch the last couple weeks but if I remember I'll check them out better and get a photo posted tomorrow.

Back