WTB sensitive / precision drill press or watchmaker’s drill

Samsquanch

Registered
Registered
Hello, on the look our for a used sensitive drill press, ideally the style that has a paddle for drill motion rather then crank, see example here:

Located in Colorado but something this size maybe possible to ship, open to consider all.

Thanks!

Scott

I have a small yet heavy, century brand [The high speed hammer co.inc ] drill press, made in USA. 50+ years old. Replacement Jacobs chuck and key. Threaded depth stop and adjustable height ceiling (why you need that? I dont know, I just keep the ceiling at the top). Precision ground table. New belt and spare belting to melt/weld seam into new belts. Cant tell the top speed though it works well drilling steel with micro drills.{example about 30sec to drill 1/4 deep in CRS with #60 drill} Haven't used it in ages, manly because I haven't been free hand drilling with small drills much, as the milling machine is fairly fast. Will give some more facts once I dig it out.

20200419_103915.jpg
20200419_103932.jpg
20200419_104602.jpg
20200419_104756.jpg20200419_104813.jpg
This might be too big for what you have in mind.

Do you have something to trade it for?
Ideally the boarder will be open soon and I could visit the ups store in Plattsburgh then ship it.

Last edited:
Why not just buy a sensitive drill chuck. This is an Albrecht, but there are other companies that make them.

Why not just buy a sensitive drill chuck. This is an Albrecht, but there are other companies that make them.

That’s a great idea, didn’t know they existed. Someone else just posted the same in my other thread identifying the older drill I was looking for. Thanks

I have a small yet heavy, century brand [The high speed hammer co.inc ] drill press, made in USA. 50+ years old. Replacement Jacobs chuck and key. Threaded depth stop and adjustable height ceiling (why you need that? I dont know, I just keep the ceiling at the top). Precision ground table. New belt and spare belting to melt/weld seam into new belts. Cant tell the top speed though it works well drilling steel with micro drills.{example about 30sec to drill 1/4 deep in CRS with #60 drill} Haven't used it in ages, manly because I haven't been free hand drilling with small drills much, as the milling machine is fairly fast. Will give some more facts once I dig it out.

This might be too big for what you have in mind.

Do you have something to trade it for?
Ideally the boarder will be open soon and I could visit the ups store in Plattsburgh then ship it.

Thanks for the response, looking for something smaller for sure, not only is the work small but very limited on space.

Back