WTB; Logan 11" Steady Rest-MN

spitfire_er

Registered
Registered
I'm looking for a steady rest for my 11" 922 logan lathe. If anyone has one or know of one let me know.

thanks

I'm looking for a steady rest for my 11" 922 logan lathe. If anyone has one or know of one let me know.

thanks

I was at Tried and True (Fridley MN) on Saturday.
They had several steady and follow rests on the shelf.
Some smaller, others larger.
You might consider measuring you bed and stopping by.

Daryl
MN

thanks, I was there a few months back but never thought about looking. I'll give them a call tuesday, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Finally got around to calling tried N true today and they guys said he had one that was supposively for my lathe model.

..... Son of a B if it wasn't the exact steady that I needed! Other than a coat of protective rust, and an old original paint job that has seen better days, the thing looks NOS! No wear at all and everything is smooth and tight!

Whole steady, bolt and clamp $150 out the door with tax!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Feel like I hit the lottery.....

Then I saw i missed the boat over at practical machinist about a week ago. One went for $115, but I'm happy I got mine!

Excellent!!
I've never found them to be the cheapest option.
Competitive yes. Cheap no.
However, they are extremely honest.
If they know of a problem with what you are about to buy, they tell you.
This is especially helpful to us NOOBs.

Daryl
MN

Finally got around to calling tried N true today and they guys said he had one that was supposively for my lathe model.

..... Son of a B if it wasn't the exact steady that I needed! Other than a coat of protective rust, and an old original paint job that has seen better days, the thing looks NOS! No wear at all and everything is smooth and tight!

Whole steady, bolt and clamp $150 out the door with tax!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Feel like I hit the lottery.....

Then I saw i missed the boat over at practical machinist about a week ago. One went for $115, but I'm happy I got mine!

Back