WTB: Follow Rest for SBL 13

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am looking for a follow rest for my newly acquired SBL 13. Please send me a PM if you have one you can let go, please let me know.

Keep an eye on Fleabay as I have seen a couple on it for the larger lathes. Problem is not very often for them.

I've got two about that size.
Both unmarked.
I don't know the manufacture.
Would you be interested in pics and measurements?
Or would it have to for sure be SB?
Price would be extremely fair!!

Daryl
MN

Pictures and mesurements would be great. I am not into correct anything, functionality is all I am looking for.

In turned a barrel on the 13 without a follow rest by putting hand pressure over folded paper towel on the workpiece, it cut pretty straight, I just don't like my hand on any revolving piece. The hand pressure trick was introduced to me by one of the gunsmith friends of mine.

I've got two about that size.
Both unmarked.
I don't know the manufacture.
Would you be interested in pics and measurements?
Or would it have to for sure be SB?
Price would be extremely fair!!

Daryl
MN
I also have a SB 13 and looking for a follow rest and steady rest. If Bamban is not interested in either one, I may be. If possible please send pics and measurements. Bam an of corse should get first priority. Thanks, Jim.

Let me know if anyone wants more details.

Daryl
MN

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

Daryl,

The one with no paint left, is designed to bolt on the R side of the carriage, correct? It is difficult for me to judge as to the orientation is. What is the approximate bolt center

Pending the answers to the questions, I will take it.

nez

I'll pan to check her out on Saturday and get you better pics/measurements.

Daryl
MN

The one without paint I believe is to a Monarch or possibly a Springfield lathe. The one with paint could be for an older SBL.

Finally getting back to this!!

Bamban,
How about I ship them both to you. Your obligation will be to find a free home for the one you can't use. Preferably here at HM...
If you could cover my Flat Rate shipping costs that'd be good as well.
Approx mounting bolt center on "no paint" is 2 5/8" center-center.
This is a coarse measurement using a 1/16 rule. If you want something more accurate please advise.

Daryl
MN

Back