WTB FIM #2 3/8" Tool Holders

mattboston

Registered
Registered
I've searched around and can't seem to find any. Looking to buy FIMS #2 3/8" Tool Holders.

You need to include the terms FIMS, IMS, and DoAll in your search to cover the gamut. I have seen #2 holders and tool posts going lately, as well as a few #5's and a #6 post. Get out your wallet if you're bidding on #4 size stuff, that's what I am after.

I must be doing pretty good for finding these, I have 11 tool holders and 2 posts now.

Again, I'm new, so bare with me. So with any FIMS #2, #4, #5, #6 work? Or would only #2 work with my current post? If I were to search for IMS or DoAll, would they be a #2? Or would they have different model numbers?

No problem. Some FIMS tools were marked IMS, without the "F". People list them on ebay as IMS tool posts. The other brand name that they went under was DoAll, so searching for DoAll tool posts/holders will turn those up. They are all identical, just different names. As rare as they are, it helps to turn over every stone.

The number system is for different size lathes. #2 should be about like AXA. They get big quick, my #4 is for a 17" lathe. Stick with the ##'s, the sizes do not interchange.

There was a #2 set up on ebay, might have been a DoAll, that I saw over the weekend. It's probably still there, I guess people are more tempted to order virgin tool posts from China than to take a risk on a used but exceptionally badass American made one.

You need to include the terms FIMS, IMS, and DoAll in your search to cover the gamut. I have seen #2 holders and tool posts going lately, as well as a few #5's and a #6 post. Get out your wallet if you're bidding on #4 size stuff, that's what I am after.

I must be doing pretty good for finding these, I have 11 tool holders and 2 posts now.
I just bought a lathe (see this thread: https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...ing-colchester-vs12.102143/page-2#post-983668) with a FIMS tool post but no holders. The label on the toolpost is damaged right where the size would be stamped, so I can't tell what size it is. It measures 3-1/4" square (not counting the dovetails) and 3-1/4" tall. Does that match your #4?

The toolpost in the picture of your Cadillac looks a little big for that lathe, but I really had to squint to see it. Definitely a FIMS. I'll have to measure mine for comparison. Information is scarce.

Fims toolpost and 20 holders #4 . 20 or so . :grin:

Fims toolpost and 20 holders #4 . 20 or so . :grin:
That's like posting "free beer". Did you sell the Caddy to him with the post, or are you offering to load a flat rate box with #4 holders and send it to me? My fingers are crossed for wishful thinking.

Still collecting and cleaning these up.
PXL_20220918_214921318 (1).jpg

Back