WTB Belleville washers

Randy for some reason that link doesn't open the final one. I tried that before as well.

David

Yeah, frustrating. I deleted my link, no sense two links pointing to the same place. Must be the sort on McMaster Carr's site.

Dlane. Just because I thought I would do an experiment. I have a set of hand punches. The closest OD is 7/32". I have some 0.020" thick steel shipping banding which is springy. I could indeed punch out a conical washer. The OD turned out to be 0.222". Now I didn't drill a centre hole and wonder if I predrilled a centre hole if it would produce a conical washer.

Also not sure if the punch and die set would stand up to 100 either.

hand punch used to punch washer.jpg washer punched from shipping banding.jpg

David

Last edited:
Thanks rustrp that's the place that wants $5.00 a piece for a weak spring washer , I would need 3 stacked to have tension needed

Thanks rustrp that's the place that wants $5.00 a piece for a weak spring washer , I would need 3 stacked to have tension needed
I would try Bisco. Sometimes going through the distributor is the best way. A quote for $5 ea. is the same as saying we don't want to be bothered.

Derrick,

I am confused why a standard .125 ID x .250 OD Belleville washer won't work for you. ID is within .006 and the OD is within .050. If the OD is too big, I'd certainly consider modifying whatever it has to fit into.

Derrick,

I am confused why a standard .125 ID x .250 OD Belleville washer won't work for you. ID is within .006 and the OD is within .050. If the OD is too big, I'd certainly consider modifying whatever it has to fit into.
I think the OD could be solved with stacking and grinding but some applications would require the washer to remain on the screw so a large ID is a problem. It's also possible the OD needs to fit into a recessed panel or fixture.

I think the OD could be solved with stacking and grinding but some applications would require the washer to remain on the screw so a large ID is a problem. It's also possible the OD needs to fit into a recessed panel or fixture.

Correct, not knowing his design parameters leads us all to guessing.

The oversize OD is why suggested a part modification. At this point would seem the simplest.

Thanks Randy , Rustrp.
I need the Id to be closer than .125 the thread major is .111 , .125 would be loose for this application
I ordered 100 18-8 SS washers with an Id of .112 from bolt depot ,hoping I can form the cone, turn the od , temper . 100 pcs $1.90 shipping $4.00

Yes the washer needs to be as close to the dimensions of a 4-40 button head screw, Id and od
both for fit and aesthetics,
Thanks for all the advice / research/ help

Back