WTB: 40 mm VDI tool holders.

Fallriverbryan

Registered
Registered
In need of a couple tool holders for Colchester Storm 200 with 40 mm Duplomatic turret. Recently acquired machine which came without any holders. Just looking for a couple holders.
Boring bar holder
Single point cutter
Threading point holder
Parting tool

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No replies. Are these a very uncommon item or hard to come by? I've seen a few on eBay that seemed relatively inexpensive . Could use some input on which holders I would not want to do without.

I would guess that they are uncommon. The Colchester lathes themselves seem to be.

I'm not familiar with the Duplomatic turret or its holders. But if they are functionally similar to the Aloris style holders, the parting would be one holder. And the other three types could all be handled with a #2 Turning and Boring, if your threading tool is like either a turning tool or a boring bar (for ID). So you could get by with two. At least for starters. However, pretty soon you are going to realize that for convenience you are going to need several equivalent to either #1 or #2. I have an AXA and if I counted right, currently have about 15 of the #1 or #2, most with a cutter already installed and set set up on center in them.

So just let it run. If you check it one day and find it off the screen, just do a "bump" or "Back To Top" to bring it back on the screen. If I happen to see it in a few weeks and see that the actual first post is now off the bottom, I'll delete all of the bumps except for the most recent. If you ever feel that you have enough, just add a post to say so and eventually I or someone will edit the title so that it begins with *** Found ***.

HAAS apparently used a VDI 40 turret at some point. I have no idea when. I really only need one to set up and test functionality of the machine. Still haven't powered up the machine. Just looking ahead, hoping it's not a 4 ton paperweight.

Back