WTB #2 MT collet set

Gmax

Registered
Registered
Just about to finish the restoration of a Clausing 8520. Hoping to find a nice set of #2MT 3/8-16 collets made in the USA or Germany.

Not found on here, of course, but a few years ago I bought my 2MT and 3MT collet sets from an outfit whose name escapes me at the moment but they are in Hong Kong and have been in business since long before the British lease on the Territory expired. If I can recall the name, I will post it here. Those weren't the only things I have bought from them, either.

I appreciate it. I know it's getting hard to find USA made 2MT collets. Tiawan collets would be OK too. I don't want to buy mainland China.

I've purchased collets from here before. Not morse taper ones, but others. Decent quality for the price:

Ted

I've seen those and thought that might be the way to go to get me started. Glad to hear they're OK. Thanks for the info.

My 8520 is very happy with the (undoubtedly Asian) set I bought from littlemachineshop.com, just in case you never find the U.S. or German made ones.

Do you know where they are made? I couldn't find anything on he website.

Thanks.
I don't know and rather than guess I suggest a quick email to them. I've gotten responses from them before ordering... Also ask what the specs, as in TIR, you may expect if the ad doesn't specify any.

Ted

I know Shars sells two levels of C5 & R8 collets. Regular and high precision with a better TIR. Another option.

CDTooling.com have MT2 collets also.

Back