WTB: 1/8, 3/32, and 5/16 R8 collets

mountain-metalworks

Registered
Registered
Hey Group,
I have a good set of R8 collets for my Bridgeport but have always been missing the 1/8, 3/32, and 5/16 collets. Anyone have decent brand duplicates or extras they're interested in selling? I'm trying to match good ones with the Bridgeport ones I already have and not delve into cheapo imports. New Lyndex(McMaster) are about $25/each, Hardinge are twice that which are pricey but hoping I can pick up good used for a bit cheaper.

Thanks,
-TJ

Warning! Lyndex that McMaster sends out lately are Spanish, not Japanese and seem of much lower quality. I'm sad, I was relying on those as a one at a time collection. I'll buy Shars before another lyndex. The new lyndex are flat front (no radius projected nose) and have laser engraved size markings, not the stamped markings my older ones have. They seem to fit differently and they have very sharp edges like the cheap Chinese ones.

If McMaster are substituting cheaper collets at substantially the same price you would be within your rights to refuse to accept them. That is rather unusual for Spanish made to be substandard quality like you-know-who. It won't take many returns for poor quality to cause them to change their supplier. Which would cause Lyndex to change theirs.

Back