Wow, RIP Photobucket!

darkzero

Thank you for the quick reply. That's what I was thinking as well. I like to include my photos inline with my text as I will caption them to explain what I am doing. Photobucket is all I've used and I paid the ($99/year I think) subscription fee to avoid the advertisements. I'm going to have to rethink what I'm doing as I do not think it is a $400/year value for my limited use.

Britt

Same, here, that's what I do too. I have many build threads on other forums where I have numerous photos posted with commentary for each one. It's also great having my photos easy to access & categorized. Like when I want to repost a pic that was from quite a while ago, it would take me a lot of time to find it in my computer as my photos are just in folders with dates.

So for places like here, now I have to resort to going to PB, DL the pic, & upload it here. PITA. I think i'm going to get a domain & server space. Way cheaper, no ads, & freedom to do what I want. Talking to my brother now about it.

darkzero

Thank you for the quick reply. That's what I was thinking as well. I like to include my photos inline with my text as I will caption them to explain what I am doing. Photobucket is all I've used and I paid the ($99/year I think) subscription fee to avoid the advertisements. I'm going to have to rethink what I'm doing as I do not think it is a $400/year value for my limited use.

Britt
So again, my second image is a photo link. The image is in my album on imgur, and now hobby-machinist is now allowing linking to it.
So it is very visible as you can see it in all it's glory. Also you can resize the image you wish to appear.
So imgur is now compatible with us.

Nice, good to hear regarding imgur.

Well I just talked to my lil brother. He's going to allow me to use his paid domain & virtual server for hosting my pics.

Open the embed code and find the picture addres.
Past it directly to the foruns as a picture.

Back