Would like to find a mentor in socal around pendleton

Ianagos

Active User
Registered
I'm looking for a job shop or hobby shop where I can get some experience

I have experience in machining but not much. I am in the Marine Corps so I'm a bit away from my machines but I have some equipment back home in Georgia. I work on electronics systems and understand electrical theory soldering and most general electronics stuff. I repair generators radios and whatever else people need me to fix in the field. I also am pretty adept at working on cars. So that's my background. I pick up things like that pretty quick but am not very good at English and speaking to people so excuse me if I come off callous.

But essentially I'd like to help out around a shop. I may try this on another more professional forum but I think it will sit better here. Maybe I'll still ask over there although I doubt many shops will be working while I have time off. I'm free most weekends and do not want to get paid. Some evening I'm also free. I'm interested in machining and welding and have a general experience in both. Also very interested in machine tool rebuilding if someone needs a young scraper arm to help them rebuild a machine.

Anybody on here need some help? I'm also willing to help wire electronics and cnc builds. If you interested write on here or pm me and I can call or text.

The world needs more people like you, lanagos (or is it Ianogos?)

It is Ian Agos Just an abbreviation of my name. And if the world were full of people like me then I wouldn't be different. But thanks for the complement either way. Still hoping I find someone as I don't have much to do on the weekends.

Nothing eh? Anybody know of any shops open on the weekends that could use help? I'm not opposed to getting a job if it means I learn I just am not in it for the money.

Back