1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

Would like to find a mentor in socal around pendleton

Discussion in 'MENTORS & APPRENTICES -- SIGN UP HERE TO GIVE HELP OR RECEIVE HELP!' started by Ianagos, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Ianagos

Ianagos United States Active User Active Member

City:
    Mableton
    State:
    Georgia

-Return to Top-

I'm looking for a job shop or hobby shop where I can get some experience

I have experience in machining but not much. I am in the Marine Corps so I'm a bit away from my machines but I have some equipment back home in Georgia. I work on electronics systems and understand electrical theory soldering and most general electronics stuff. I repair generators radios and whatever else people need me to fix in the field. I also am pretty adept at working on cars. So that's my background. I pick up things like that pretty quick but am not very good at English and speaking to people so excuse me if I come off callous.

But essentially I'd like to help out around a shop. I may try this on another more professional forum but I think it will sit better here. Maybe I'll still ask over there although I doubt many shops will be working while I have time off. I'm free most weekends and do not want to get paid. Some evening I'm also free. I'm interested in machining and welding and have a general experience in both. Also very interested in machine tool rebuilding if someone needs a young scraper arm to help them rebuild a machine.

Anybody on here need some help? I'm also willing to help wire electronics and cnc builds. If you interested write on here or pm me and I can call or text.

Bob Korves likes this.
  2. Bob Korves

Bob Korves H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Sacramento
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

The world needs more people like you, lanagos (or is it Ianogos?)

3. Ianagos

City:
    Mableton
    State:
    Georgia

-Return to Top-

It is Ian Agos Just an abbreviation of my name. And if the world were full of people like me then I wouldn't be different. But thanks for the complement either way. Still hoping I find someone as I don't have much to do on the weekends.

4. Ianagos

City:
    Mableton
    State:
    Georgia

-Return to Top-

Nothing eh? Anybody know of any shops open on the weekends that could use help? I'm not opposed to getting a job if it means I learn I just am not in it for the money.