Wood to Metal -- Part II

4R8

Registered
Registered
Jees, you got alot further into your day plan that I thought you would have. Must have been a big day!
I think everyone just needs time to take everything in, ha ha.

I forgot if you mentioned in the other thread, is this going to be easily reverted for use on timber or is the saw's only use going to be metal?

Cheers,
Jason

Nice job Bill it should work great be looking for the finished saw. I have a Delta/Milwaukee Wood/Metal that I picked up a couple years ago so I'm ok in that department.

Paul

Bill
Looks good. Looks like you are ending up with the same thing I did. Those pieces you found broken have always been a bit of problem. I sold those saws for about 20 years and every once in a while someone would break one. In the beginning I sold one to a local aluminum window manufacturer and cutting thin material as they used sometimes a tooth would catch and eventually the shock would break the pivot pins out. I made a new set for that saw from steel and they never had a problem again. If anyone else is planning to use a Delta or clone saw and is going to cut plate of 1/8" or less best expect to have this problem. Don't buy replacements but make your own from steel.
Nick

Looking good Bill it will make you a good saw. I haven't checked yet to see if you showed your shop on the shop thread. But if-n not I'd sure like a tour.:biggrin:

Paul

Great job. The trunnions on my band saw were destroyed when I got it. I'd love to see detail on your shop made ones.

Never sell those small Horizontals short. That isn't even laboring cutting that 4 inch bar. 7 minutes and better than half way thru.

I will go thru the whole thing for you nolo.

"Bill Gruby" :thumbzup::thumbzup::thumbzup:

yep, i've had my buffalo horizontal for around 11 or 12yrs, i wont go without one now... i will buy another one at some point and make a vertical mount base for it as inexpensive as they are..

Haven't popped into this thread for a bit. Lookin good there Bill!

Enjoy your family. They're the only one you have.

Jason

Back