Wohlhaupter Boring Head Arbor

I've been trying to find Youtube video showing the aspect I'm most interested in & now I'm wondering.... Am I even correct that this boring head facilitates the cutting tool being able to smoothly traverse radially outward from an inner set point diameter to a larger diameter set point under power? I see 2 little 'stops' on the head & a knob that I heard switches from one mode position to another (which I presumed was lock & traverse). If so, how does it work? How do you control the traverse rate?

Yes , that is what the head does . You set stops that it will dis-engage the radial feed at a given diameter .

I have a UPA 1 boring head which had an ISO 40 taper on it. I turned the taper down to ISO 30 without any problems. I now have a milling machine with an R8 taper. If you grip the body with the flat part in a machine vice the taper shank can be unscrewed from the body with the aid of a large spanner. I bought an R8 blank taper which has a soft end. It can then be machined for the register and then threaded internally 22 mm metric fine to accept the boring head.

Back