Wiring A Drum Switch

About the best thing you can do is Google "leeson motor wiring" Lots of images, find to one that is closest to the motor. That should identify the wires, then look at the reversing switch images to get a start on that.

Anyone wired up one of these switches?I have a friend that has a 2hp lesson motor on his lathe and wants to reverse it,has no diagram of switchor motor!
Thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-Amp-Drum...Reversing-A-/131464560770?hash=item1e9be60082

Can't help much without a diagram of how the switch connects the terminals in each position. The description from the seller is (at best) a bit ambiguous.

That said, look at pretty much any motor diagram. If the motor is reversible, it will show what wire goes to which terminal. Think of it as two optional switches, and wire each separately.

I've banged my head on the bench over several different reversing drum switches...I always wind up at the motor shop. Just can't wrap my head around them. I wish you luck.

I just went through this with a new motor from Grizzly.

+1 on getting the Lesson motor wiring from Lesson. Although it may look outwardly similar to others, most all these motors have special wiring requirements. If you are stuck between 2 Lesson diagrams, then count the wires and compare the colors to the diagrams.

Additionally, there are actually several "standard" drum switches out there, so the best thing is to check your switch out with an Ohm meter. Do this before following anyone's schematic, least your machine make smoke instead of chips.

You can do this. Just work slowly and carefully.

Hello , Thank you for good drawing Diagram but Where are T4 and T3 ? Help Thanks .

Richard
its been so long ago and it was my friends lathe ,he's passed now ,not sure,sorry can't help

Richard
its been so long ago and it was my friends lathe ,he's passed now ,not sure,sorry can't help
I am sorry that your friend's passed and but I found that two wires T3 and T4 are not necessary from our SQ-60 drum switch and now everything is working perfect good! He was correct wires and great good job done! Thank you.

Back