wilton 7"x 12" horizontal bandsaw - $800 (Grants Pass, OR)

Personal opinion here, do take it FWIW, but I’ve used this model and really thought it was junk. It’s not made in USA, if that matters. It appears to me that the blade tension adjustment on this one is missing something. The blade tensioner on the one I used was also messed up, and cobbled back together. I own the Grizzly equivalent, and consider it a much better machine for the money. Idk Oregon prices or availability, but in the used market, these can be picked up for much less than 800 dollars around these parts. Mine was $75, which I will admit was a great deal. Personally, I’d pass on this one. No offense intended.

No offense intended.

None taken. It's always good to get some info from someone with actual experience. The common assumption that these established American names produce high quality tools does not always hold. Caveat emptor.

Personal opinion here, do take it FWIW, but I’ve used this model and really thought it was junk. It’s not made in USA, if that matters. It appears to me that the blade tension adjustment on this one is missing something. The blade tensioner on the one I used was also messed up, and cobbled back together. I own the Grizzly equivalent, and consider it a much better machine for the money. Idk Oregon prices or availability, but in the used market, these can be picked up for much less than 800 dollars around these parts. Mine was $75, which I will admit was a great deal. Personally, I’d pass on this one. No offense intended.

It is always great to here from someone that has actually used a machine whether it be positive or negative! In my search for a bandsaw most of the comments I have read on the Wilton saws have been very similar to yours.

Back